LP Online™ Level 1
LP Online™ is an online learning community based on The Learning Program™ and serves as a platform for sharing strategies, resources and activities to improve academic outcomes for students with Down syndrome. LP Online™ equips participants with knowledge and tools to work effectively with students with Down syndrome in home and school settings.
LP Online™ Level 1 is generally recommended for those working with students in pre-school through 1st grade (roughly ages 3-6). Level 1 focuses on supporting development of literacy skills (vocabulary development, sight word acquisition, sentence building and phonemic awareness), and math skills (early number concepts to 20, color, shape, sorting, patterning and time). It also addresses general topics such as educational options, fostering independence, effective learning sessions and memory.
LP Online™ Level 1 includes 10 presentations with accompanying handouts, resources and links.
Sessions vary, but proposed topics include:
- September: Program Overview, Developmental Profile, Vocabulary Development and Sight Word Acquisition
- October: Early Number Concepts (Rote Counting, Counting with Meaning and Number Recognition)
- November: Effective Learning Sessions
- December: Colors, Shapes, Sorting & Patterning
- January: Sentence Building and Creating Personalized Materials
- February: Educational Options
- March: Learning Letters and Letter Sounds
- April: Telling Time (clock and calendar)
- May: Fostering Independence (at home and in school)
- June: Memory
Session dates and topics are subject to change.