Join the 1,200+ members in our private discussion group on Facebook.
Discuss tips, news, and advice with other parents, educators, and professionals.
Composition of Members:
Parents, teachers, therapists and other professionals who:
- Are currently enrolled in The Learning Program or LP Online.
- Have previously been enrolled in The Learning Program or LP Online.
- Use Learning Program or LP Online materials (LP Archive or online store).
- Are parents of a learner with Down syndrome interested in learning more about the LP or supporting their learner in the educational process.
- Are teachers/aides/therapists or other professionals working with learners with Down syndrome.
- Are part of the LP's Advisory Board or working in an advisory capacity for The Learning Program or LP Online.
We welcome posts discussing:
- Any and all things educational
- IEPs and IEP goals
- Educational strategies and tools
- Behavioral strategies
- Accessing curriculum
- News about LP Partners
- Information about useful technology including websites and apps
- Information about relevant educational research
Please refrain from posting:
- Advertising of any kind and we will do the same (with the exception of information we share about educational conferences in which we participate)
- Discussions of any type that do not involve school/education
- Discussions about vitamins, supplements or medical research
We try to keep it simple, safe and sane. Please respect divergent opinions. If you find your post has been deleted, we hope you are not offended. We know there are many other groups with broader scopes than ours.
For privacy purposes, we screen every membership request. We reserve the right to deny membership without explanation. Thank you for understanding.
TO REQUEST MEMBERSHIP
- Submit a Facebook Group request to join group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/learningprogram/ and answer the membership questions.
- You can also complete the following form with a few sentences about who you are (parent, teacher, administrator, therapist, other) and why you want to join.