LP Online™ Level 3
LP Online™ is an online learning community based on The Learning Program™ and serves as a platform for sharing strategies, resources and activities to improve academic outcomes for students with Down syndrome. LP Online™ equips participants with knowledge and tools to work effectively with students with Down syndrome in home and school settings.
LP Online™ Level 3 is generally recommended for those working with students in 4th through 6th grade (roughly 9-12). Building on strategies and tools from Level 2, Level 3 focuses on supporting development of literacy skills (active comprehension strategies, paragraph creation, phonics and spelling), and math skills (addition/subtraction, place value, ordering and comparing, time). It also addresses general topics such as differentiating instruction, working effectively with your educational team, fostering independence, and memory.
LP Online™ Level 3 includes 10 presentations with accompanying handouts, resources and links.
Sessions vary, but proposed topics include:
- September: Building a Better Reader
- October: Adding and Subtracting
- November: Accessing the Curriculum
- December: Sorting, Patterning, Ordering and Comparing
- January: Putting Words to Work in Sentences and Paragraphs
- February: Making School Work
- March: Blending and More
- April: Teaching About Time
- May: Fostering Independence
- June: Memory
Session dates and topics are subject to change.